David talks with the networking tour-de-force and multimedia star, Ashley Owens, about how she created the concept of “Networking Concierge,” the origins of her networking company Ashley Assists, tips to be a power networker, “Dunbar’s Number” and so much more. Get to her website to absorb invaluable networking tips and content.
- How Ashley Assists got started with one event and a four-hour drive to State College Pennsylvania.
- How a 15-minute conversation at a tech event helped one woman start her company.
- The power of having an advocate and support system with you during events.
- What business-development-for-hire looks like.
- The stories and learnings from Ashley’s cocktails and conversations event.
- How to be a good power networker.
- Networking is maintaining and doing your research before you talk to somebody.
- What Ashely wishes she knew about networking when she was first getting started.
- The difference between introverts and extroverts and how they network.
- A typical day for Ashley Owens.
- The value of knowing your unique skill set and how to use it to your advantage.
- Ashley’s top 3 tips for networking.
- Dunbar’s Number and how it applies to your professional network.
- The importance of giving back.